Cambridge Mechatronics Limited (CML) is a multi-disciplinary company, developing camera module solutions utilising our cutting-edge shape memory alloy (SMA) technology. Our technology is shipping in top tier flagship smartphones, as well as inside drones, wearable devices, and other consumer products.
We have approximately 650 granted and pending patents based around our platform technology, which allows the control, positioning and movement of smart materials with high precision.
CML’s SMA wire is thinner than the width of a human hair and can be positioned with the accuracy of the wavelength of light. CML is the only company in the world to master and control these materials with such exceptional accuracy.
The work environment at CML is stimulating and exciting, as we are involved throughout the entire product development process from inception through to mass production, which provides a real sense of achievement for our employees
We are looking for an organised and experienced Senior Test Technician to join our growing team of world-class technologists who will make their mark on our technology.
We are looking for someone who is passionate, interested and interesting. You will need to be able to play a significant role in a highly skilled team.
- Co-ordinate the use of the Test Room on a day-to-day basis
- Assist in the installation, commissioning, upgrade and development of systems alongside the Test Systems manager.
- Building rigs including electrical wiring, plumbing and mechanical assembly
- Provide general technical support for testing as required
- Maintain the Test Room environment and safety standards
- Maintain storage of test pieces and equipment
- Monitor rig utilisation
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience of building electromechanical systems
- Experience of working in a test laboratory setting
- Experience of supervising others
- Experience of Health and Safety processes
- Experience in using MS Office
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to follow written instructions
- Organised and tidy
- Good communicator
We have roles that you can help define and mould to your skills and ambitions within a multi-disciplinary team. We are happy to accommodate individuals with different skill sets and you will have the opportunity to make an important contribution to a dynamic and fast growing company with a global reach. Your salary package will be very competitive and dependent upon relevant academic and industrial experience.
- Competitive salary
- Travel opportunities
- Free breakfast cereals, fresh fruit, tea & freshly ground coffee, daily
- Lunchtime leisure activities (tennis/table tennis/gaming)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular social and team events
- Shower facilities
- Private Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 holidays plus public holidays (total of 33 days a year)
- Training by world leading experts
Please send your CV and covering letter to our Human Resources team at [email protected]