Cambridge Mechatronics Limited (CML) is a multi-disciplinary company, developing camera module solutions utilising our cutting-edge shape memory alloy (SMA) technology. Our technology is shipping in top tier flagship smartphones, as well as inside drones, wearable devices, and other consumer products.
We have approximately 650 granted and pending patents based around our platform technology, which allows the control, positioning and movement of smart materials with high precision.
CML’s SMA wire is thinner than the width of a human hair and can be positioned with the accuracy of the wavelength of light. CML is the only company in the world to master and control these materials with such exceptional accuracy.
The work environment at CML is both stimulating and exciting, as we are involved throughout the entire product development process from inception through to mass production, which provides a real sense of achievement for our employees
We are looking for a proactive and experienced Test and Electronics Technician to work between the two departments and join our growing team of world-class technologists who will make their mark on our technology.
We are looking for someone who is passionate, interested, and interesting. You will need to be able to play a significant role in a highly skilled team.
- Maintain test rigs, equipment, and test room environment
- Run tests using standard operating procedures as required
- Assist in the installation of systems
- Assembling kits of components for external and internal assembly
- Wiring up electronics assemblies
- Soldering components onto PCB’s
- Receiving components and adding in to stock
- Entering information into “Sage” stock control
- Testing electronics assemblies, using engineering instructions
- Documenting the test results
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to follow written instructions
- Organised and tidy
- Good communicator
- Experience in using MS Office – advanced Excel knowledge would be useful
- Experience in an Electronics Production environment
- Experience of working in a test environment
- Soldering experience for small surface mounted components.
We have roles that you can help define and mould to your skills and ambitions within a multi-disciplinary team. We are happy to accommodate individuals with different skill sets and you will have the opportunity to make an important contribution to a dynamic and fast growing company with a global reach. Your salary package will be very competitive and dependent upon relevant academic and industrial experience.
- Competitive salary
- Travel opportunities
- Free breakfast cereals, fresh fruit, tea & freshly ground coffee, daily
- Lunchtime leisure activities (tennis/table tennis/gaming)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular social and team events
- Shower facilities
- Private Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 holidays plus public holidays (total of 33 days a year)
- Training by world leading experts
Please send your CV and covering letter to our Human Resources team at [email protected]