Cambridge Mechatronics Limited (CML) is a high technology design and engineering company based in the historic university town of Cambridge in the United Kingdom. CML specialises in pioneering and developing miniature motors using its cutting-edge shape memory alloy (SMA) technology.
CML’s miniature motors have shipped in drones, wearable cameras and smartphones and it has achieved this through technology licensing and partnerships with global manufacturing corporations.
CML has approximately 200 granted and pending patents based around its platform technology which allows the control, positioning and movement of smart materials with high precision. CML’s SMA motors are smaller than the width of a human hair and can be positioned with the accuracy of the wavelength of light. In fact, CML is the only company in the world to master and control these materials with such exceptional accuracy.
The work environment at CML is stimulating and exciting as the company is involved throughout the entire product development process from inception through to mass production, which provides a real sense of achievement for CML’s employees.
We are looking for a dynamic and ambitious test engineer to join our growing team of world-class electronics, firmware and software engineers who will make their mark on our smart actuator technology. The role will report to the Firmware & Software Group Lead, who heads up our team developing leading edge embedded control solutions for our technology.
We are looking for someone who is passionate, interested and interesting. You will need to be able to play a significant role in a highly skilled team, prioritising activities, balancing long and short term objectives and finding efficient ways to solve problems.
- Work within the team of mechanical, control, electronics, firmware and performance engineers at CML to build on the proprietary SMA test solutions to improve product quality and results tracking and traceability.
- Writing test specifications and defining test cases to evaluate and verify our proprietary Hardware, Firmware and Software systems.
- Take ownership of CML’s automated testing infrastructure and develop and improve the methods and procedures to enhance our ability to deliver successful products.
- Introduce testing methodologies and act as a champion for quality and verification
- Mentor a Junior Engineer
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- 1st Class or 2:1 BSc or BEng in Electronic Engineering or another relevant degree course
- 5 years’ demonstrable industrial experience and achievements
- Testing of embedded firmware
- Designing, developing and maintaining automated test cases
- Defining test plans which ensure coverage
- 5 years’ experience of one or more programming/scripting languages such as Ruby/Perl/C# /Python/bash, etc.
- Configuring and managing continuous integration (CI) systems
- Proactive and self manging with experience of working on multiple products
- A high level of competence, integrity and communication
- Defect tracking and peer review
- Previous experience working in commercialisation of a product
- Hands-on experience in black-box testing
- Experience in mentoring more junior engineers
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum continuous development software life cycle models
- Version Control in a colaborative environment
- Experience of Hardware in the loop testing
- Experience of Electronic hardware testing
- Understanding of mechanical systems and experience in testing them
- An understanding of control system elements (sensors, actuators, controllers) would be useful
We have roles that you can help define and mould to your skills and ambitions within a multi-disciplinary team. We are happy to accommodate individuals with different skill sets and you will have the opportunity to make an important contribution to a dynamic and fast growing company with a global reach. Your salary package will be very competitive and dependent upon relevant academic and industrial experience.
- Competitive salary
- Training by world leading experts
- 25 holidays plus public holidays (a total of 33 days a year)
- Private Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- Travel opportunities
- Opportunities to work in China
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular social and team events
- Lunchtime leisure activities (tennis/table tennis/gaming)
- Shower facilities
- Free fruit, breakfast cereal, tea and freshly ground coffee daily
Please send your CV and covering letter to our Human Resources team at [email protected] alternatively contact our Recruitment Manager Zayd Alansari on +44 (0)1223 450 190 or 0750 7857 190