Cambridge Mechatronics Limited (CML) is a high technology design and engineering company based in the historic university town of Cambridge in the United Kingdom. We specialise in pioneering and developing miniature motors using our cutting-edge shape memory alloy (SMA) technology.
CML’s miniature motors have shipped in drones, wearable cameras and smartphones and we have achieved this through technology licensing and partnerships with global manufacturing corporations.
We have approximately 200 granted and pending patents based around our platform technology which allows the control, positioning and movement of smart materials with high precision. CML’s SMA motors are smaller than the width of a human hair and can be positioned with the accuracy of the wavelength of light. CML is the only company in the world to master and control these materials with such exceptional accuracy.
The work environment at CML is stimulating and exciting as the company is involved throughout the entire product development process from inception through to mass production, which provides a real sense of achievement for CML’s employees.
We are looking for a dynamic and ambitious Senior Simulations Engineer to join our growing team of world-class electronics, control and firmware engineers who will make their mark on our smart actuator technology. The role will report to the Electronics Director, who heads up our team developing
We are looking for someone who is passionate, interested and interesting. You will need to be able to play a significant role in a highly skilled team,
- Work within the team of mechanical, control, electronics, firmware
andperformance engineers at CML to model the electromagnetic emissions from proposed PCB and actuator designs (~1cm scale) and predict system-level electromagnetic interference (EMI), thermal and electrical performance.
- Responsible for
validityof models created
- Specify, develop and evaluate solutions to drive our actuator technology, and support transfer of these into high volume production.
- Develop and improve the methods and procedures to enhance our ability to deliver successful products.
- Interface with CML’s partners and customers to understand their requirements and to deliver the assistance that they need to use our products.
- 1st Class or 2:1 BSc or BEng in Engineering, Science or
other relevant degree course
- >3 years’ industrial experience and achievements, using multiphysics or engineering simulation software packages.
- Experienced user of FEA Software, for
exampleCOMSOL or ANSYS.
- Experienced in Electromagnetic Modelling
- Preferably with experience in
modellingEMI from PCBs
- Preferably with experience in
modellingEMI from current flows in powered devices
You must be able to demonstrate you are a strong team player and that you can effectively interact and work with other technical teams. Strong analytical skills and a passion for technology are also expected. You will also be self-motivated, able to
We have roles that you can help define and
- Competitive salary
- Training by world leading experts
- 25 holidays plus public holidays (a total of 33 days a year)
- Private Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- Travel opportunities
- Opportunities to work in China
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular social and team events
- Lunchtime leisure activities (tennis/table tennis/gaming)
- Shower facilities
- Free fruit, breakfast cereal, tea and freshly ground coffee daily
Please send your CV and covering letter to our Human Resources team at [email protected] alternatively contact our Recruitment Manager Zayd Alansari on +44 (0)1223 450 190 or 0750 7857 190