Cambridge Mechatronics Limited (CML) is a multidisciplinary engineering company that leverages smart materials to design and develop miniature motors, also known as actuators, for use across a variety of applications.
CML’s patented platform technology uses a smart material called Shape Memory Alloy (SMA). CML has world-leading expertise in the design and application of SMA to make actuators for electronic devices. CML’s actuators are the size of a human hair and can be controlled to the accuracy of the wavelength of light. These actuators are particularly suited to applications that require high levels of precision and force, in a compact and lightweight design.
CML has established relationships with major global corporations across international supply chains. SMA camera actuators are in production under license by global manufacturers, which are currently shipping in volumes of millions in smartphones, drones
We are looking for a dynamic and ambitious Senior Simulations Engineer to join our growing team of world-class electronics, control and firmware engineers who will make their mark on our smart actuator technology. The role will report to the Electronics Director, who heads up our team developing
We are looking for someone who is passionate, interested and interesting. You will need to be able to play a significant role in a highly skilled team,
- Work within the team of mechanical, control, electronics, firmware
andperformance engineers at CML to model the electromagnetic emissions from proposed PCB and actuator designs (~1cm scale) and predict system-level electromagnetic interference (EMI), thermal and electrical performance.
- Responsible for
validityof models created
- Specify, develop and evaluate solutions to drive our actuator technology, and support transfer of these into high volume production.
- Develop and improve the methods and procedures to enhance our ability to deliver successful products.
- Interface with CML’s partners and customers to understand their requirements and to deliver the assistance that they need to use our products.
- 1st Class or 2:1 BSc or BEng in Engineering, Science or
other relevant degree course
- >3 years’ industrial experience and achievements, using multiphysics or engineering simulation software packages.
- Experienced user of FEA Software, for
exampleCOMSOL or ANSYS.
- Experienced in Electromagnetic Modelling
- Preferably with experience in
modellingEMI from PCBs
- Preferably with experience in
modellingEMI from current flows in powered devices
You must be able to demonstrate you are a strong team player and that you can effectively interact and work with other technical teams. Strong analytical skills and a passion for technology are also expected. You will also be self-motivated, able to
We have roles that you can help define and
- Competitive salary
- Travel opportunities
- Opportunities to work in China
- Free tea, freshly ground coffee and fruit
- Lunchtime leisure activities (tennis/table tennis/gaming)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular social and team events
- Shower facilities
- Private Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 holidays plus public holidays (a total of 33 days a year)
- Training by world leading experts
Please send your CV and covering letter to our Human Resources team at [email protected] alternatively contact our Recruitment Manager Zayd Alansari on +44 (0)1223 450 190 or 0750 7857 190