Cambridge Mechatronics Limited (CML) is a high technology design and engineering company based in the historic university town of Cambridge in the United Kingdom. We specialise in pioneering and developing miniature motors using our cutting-edge shape memory alloy (SMA) technology.
CML’s miniature motors have shipped in drones, wearable cameras and smartphones and we have achieved this through technology licensing and partnerships with global manufacturing corporations.
We have approximately 200 granted and pending patents based around our platform technology which allows the control, positioning and movement of smart materials with high precision. CML’s SMA motors are smaller than the width of a human hair and can be positioned with the accuracy of the wavelength of light. CML is the only company in the world to master and control these materials with such exceptional accuracy.
The work environment at CML is stimulating and exciting as the company is involved throughout the entire product development process from inception through to mass production, which provides a real sense of achievement for CML’s employees.
We are looking for a dynamic and ambitious senior mechanical engineer to join our growing team of world-class technologists who will make their mark on our technology. This new position has arisen out of this exciting phase of introducing this ground breaking technology into new product areas.
We are looking for someone who is passionate, interested and interesting. You will need to be able to play a significant
- Creation of new product concepts to maintain CML’s technical lead in miniature actuator technology
- Development of detailed designs which deliver the concept in a manufacturable product
- Work with CML’s control and electronics engineers to ensure the product design is fully compatible with CML’s technology
- Responsibility for identifying and resolving issues with the product through prototype build and test cycles
- Collaboration with CML's manufacturing partners in Asia and America
- Lead projects and mentor junior members of the team
- A 1st or 2.1 class from a top university in mechanical engineering or related discipline
- Solid understanding of mechanical fundamentals including mechanism design, structural and dynamics analysis
- Experience of 3D CAD, preferably SolidWorks.
- Experience of communicating, showing initiative, making decisions and arguing your point as a member of a team of highly skilled engineers.
- Ability to
prioritiseactivities, balancing long and short term objectives and finding efficient ways to solve problems.
- At least 5 years’ experience in an engineering environment or a postgraduate post is desirable
- Good customer facing skills
We have roles that you can help define and
- Competitive salary
- Training by world leading experts
- 25 holidays plus public holidays (33 days a year)
- Private Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- Travel opportunities
- Opportunities to work in China
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular social and team events
- Lunchtime leisure activities (tennis/table tennis/gaming)
- Shower facilities
- Free fruit, breakfast cereal, tea and freshly ground coffee daily
Please send your CV and covering letter to our Human Resources team at [email protected] alternatively contact our Recruitment Manager Zayd Alansari on +44 (0)1223 450 190 or 0750 7857 190