Cambridge Mechatronics Limited (CML) is a high technology design and engineering company based in the historic university town of Cambridge in the United Kingdom. We specialise in pioneering and developing miniature motors using our cutting-edge shape memory alloy (SMA) technology.
CML’s miniature motors have shipped in drones, wearable cameras and smartphones and we have achieved this through technology licensing and partnerships with global manufacturing corporations.
We have over 200 granted and pending patents based around our platform technology which allows the control, positioning and movement of smart materials with high precision. CML’s SMA motors are smaller than a human hair and can be positioned with the accuracy of the wavelength of light. CML is the only company in the world to master and control these materials with such exceptional accuracy.
We are looking for a dynamic and ambitious senior electronics engineer to join our growing team of world-class electronics, control and firmware engineers who will make their mark on our smart actuator technology. The role will report to the Electronics Group manager, who heads up our team developing leading-edge electronics and control solutions for our technology.
We are looking for someone who is passionate, interested and interesting. You will need to be able to play a significant role in a highly skilled team, prioritising activities, balancing long and short-term objectives and finding efficient ways to solve problems. The role may involve some travel to Asia to support the development of our actuator technology and solutions.
- Work within the team of mechanical, control, electronics, firmware and software engineers at CML, to build on the proprietary SMA control algorithms that CML has developed to meet the needs of the market.
- Specify, develop and evaluate electronics solutions to drive our actuator technology, and support transfer of these into high volume production.
- Develop and improve the methods and procedures to enhance our ability to deliver successful products.
- Interface with CML’s partners and customers to understand their requirements and to deliver the assistance that they need to use our products.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Electronic Engineering (or other relevant degree course)
- >5 years’ industrial experience and achievements
- System-level architectural design
- Analogue circuit design & specification
- Digital/MCU circuit design & specification
- Board-level debug and test
- PCB schematic capture
- Designing to requirement specifications
- Creating technical documentation
- Previous use of Altium Designer
- Use of Python
- Closed loop control system design and development
- Specification of bespoke test equipment and test specifications
- Verilog development and verification
- Writing specifications
- Transferring new technology into mass production
- Design for manufacture
Other skills of interest:
- Design and analysis of embedded control systems
- Digital signal processing (DSP)
- Mixed signal ASIC development
- MatLab or Simulink experience
- C/C++ development for embedded systems
- Appreciation of mechanical design
You will be a strong team player who can effectively interact and work with other technical teams. Strong analytical skills and a passion for technology are also expected.
You will also be self-motivated, able to prioritise activities and have excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
You must be able to demonstrate experience working in a fast-paced environment, be able to assimilate information and requests from customers and partners and be comfortable with customer-facing interaction.
You will be able to mentor junior engineers.
We have roles that you can help define and mould to your skills and ambitions within a multi-disciplinary team. We are happy to accommodate individuals with different skill sets and you will have the opportunity to make an important contribution to a dynamic and fast growing company with a global reach. Your salary package will be very competitive and dependent upon relevant academic and industrial experience.
- Competitive salary
- Training by world leading experts
- 25 holidays plus public holidays (33 days a year)
- Private Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- Travel opportunities
- Opportunities to work in China
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular social and team events
- Lunchtime leisure activities (tennis/table tennis/gaming)
- Shower facilities
- Free fruit, breakfast cereal, tea and freshly ground coffee daily
Please send your CV and covering letter to our Human Resources team at [email protected] alternatively contact our Recruitment Manager Zayd Alansari on +44 (0)1223 261603 or +44 (0)750 7857 190