Cambridge Mechatronics Limited (CML) is a multi-disciplinary company, developing camera module solutions utilising our cutting-edge shape memory alloy (SMA) technology. Our technology is shipping in top tier flagship smartphones, as well as inside drones, wearable devices, and other consumer products.
We have approximately 650 granted and pending patents based around our platform technology, which allows the control, positioning and movement of smart materials with high precision. CML is proud to rank in the top 25 applicants in terms of yearly UK patent filings, on par with larger technology licensing companies such as Arm, Imagination Technologies and Rolls Royce.
CML’s SMA wire is thinner than the width of a human hair and can be positioned with the accuracy of the wavelength of light. CML is the only company in the world to master and control these materials with such exceptional accuracy.
The work environment at CML is stimulating and exciting as the company is involved throughout the entire product development process from inception through to mass production, which provides a real sense of achievement for CML’s employees.
We are looking for a dynamic and ambitious electronics engineer to join our growing team of world-class electronics, control and firmware engineers who will make their mark on our smart actuator technology. The role will report to the Electronics Director, who heads up our team developing leading edge electronics and control solutions for our technology.
We are looking for someone who is passionate, interested and interesting. You will need to be able to play a significant role in a highly skilled team, prioritising activities, balancing long and short-term objectives and finding efficient ways to solve problems. The role involves some travel within Asia and to America a to support the development of our actuator technology and solutions, and requests a flexible working time and overtime working sometimes.
- Work within the team of electronics engineers at CML to check customer’s PCB designs and design required PCBs for a variety of projects.
- Interface with CML’s partners and customers to understand their requirements and to deliver the assistance that they need to use our products.
- Take a responsible role in organising manufacturing and testing of PCBs in low to medium volumes.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- BSc or BEng in Electronic Engineering or other relevant degree course
- PCB schematic capture
- Board-level debug and test
- Familiarity with Altium & ODB++
- Analogue circuit design & specification
- PCB layout experience
- Transferring new technology into mass production
Other skills of interest
- Demonstrable industrial experience and achievements
- Design for manufacture
- Specification of bespoke test equipment and test specifications
- Writing specifications
- Creating technical documentation
- Designing to requirement specifications
- C firmware for embedded systems
- Appreciation of mechanical design
Ability to demonstrate you are a strong team player and can effectively interact and work with other technical teams. Strong analytical skills and a passion for technology are also expected.
You must also be self-motivated, able to prioritise activities and have excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Ability to demonstrate experience working in a fast-paced environment, to assimilate information and requests from customers and partners, be comfortable with customer-facing interaction and mentor junior engineers.
We have roles that you can help define and mould to your skills and ambitions within a multi-disciplinary team. We are happy to accommodate individuals with different skill sets and you will have the opportunity to make an important contribution to a dynamic and fast growing company with a global reach. Your salary package will be very competitive and dependent upon relevant academic and industrial experience.
- Competitive salary
- Travel opportunities
- Regular social and team events
- 20 holidays plus statutory holidays (total of 33 days a year)
- Training by world leading experts
Please send your CV and covering letter to our Human Resources team at [email protected]