Cambridge Mechatronics Limited (CML) is a high technology design and engineering company based in the historic university town of Cambridge in the United Kingdom. We work with well-known manufacturers across the world and specialise in pioneering and developing cutting-edge shape memory alloy (SMA) technology from concept to mass production. We achieve this through technology licensing and partnerships with global manufacturing corporations. Among our 100+ granted patents is a platform technology that allows the control, positioning and movement of smart materials with high precision. CML’s SMA motors are smaller than a human hair and can be positioned with the accuracy of the wavelength of light. We are the only company in the world to master and control these materials with exceptional accuracy.
Along with offering variety day to day in a stimulating and exciting environment we also bring products to market, seeing the entire process through from inception through to high volume mass production. This provides a real sense of achievement for our team.
We are looking for a dynamic and robust programme manager to join our growing team of world-class technologists. This new position has arisen out of the rapid growth and success of the company, and our extensive and growing number of customer projects.
We are looking for someone who is passionate, interested and interesting. You will need to be able to play a significant role in a highly skilled team, prioritising activities, balancing long and short-term objectives and finding efficient ways to solve problems.
- Customer facing and customer management (experience >5 years)
- Driving projects and programmes to time, cost and quality targets (experience >5 years)
- Introducing new products to market (experience ideally for the smartphone or other high-tech market)
- Drive a multi-disciplinary programme engineering team
- Co-ordinating technical teams
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- 1st or 2.1 class degree in an engineering discipline
- Solid understanding of engineering fundamentals including mechanical, electronic, control and software elements
- Minimum of 5 years delivering successful projects, ideally with experience of introducing new products into market
- Experience of communicating, showing initiative, making decisions and presenting confidently
- Ability to prioritise activities, balancing long and short-term objectives and finding efficient ways to solve problems.
- Good customer facing skills
- Good understanding of project, risk management and customer management
- Robust & resilient character
- Able to travel to Asia on a frequent basis
You will have the opportunity to make an important contribution to a dynamic and fast-growing company with a global reach. Your salary package will be very competitive and dependent upon relevant academic and industrial experience.
We have roles that you can help define and mould to your skills and ambitions within a multi-disciplinary team. We are happy to accommodate individuals with different skill sets and you will have the opportunity to make an important contribution to a dynamic and fast growing company with a global reach. Your salary package will be very competitive and dependent upon relevant academic and industrial experience.
- Competitive salary
- Travel opportunities
- Opportunities to work in China
- Free tea, freshly ground coffee and fruit
- Lunchtime leisure activities (tennis/table tennis/gaming)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular social and team events
- Shower facilities
- Private Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 holidays plus public holidays (a total of 33 days a year)
- Training by world leading experts
Please send your CV and covering letter to our Human Resources team at [email protected] alternatively contact our Recruitment Manager Zayd Alansari on +44 (0)1223 450 190 or 0750 7857 190