Cambridge Mechatronics Limited (CML) is a multi-disciplinary engineering company developing camera module solutions utilising our cutting-edge shape memory alloy (SMA) technology. Our technology is shipping in top tier flagship smartphones, as well as inside drones, wearable devices and other consumer devices.
We have approximately 400 granted and pending patents based around our platform technology which allows the control, positioning and movement of smart materials with high precision. CML’s SMA wire is thinner than the width of a human hair and can be positioned with the accuracy of the wavelength of light. CML is the only company in the world to master and control these materials with such exceptional accuracy.
The work environment at CML is stimulating and exciting as we are involved throughout the entire product development process from inception through to mass production, which provides a real sense of achievement for our employees.
We are looking for a Product Manager who will be responsible for liaising with the market to understand its detailed product requests and roadmaps, the competitive landscape, and to communicate the advantage of CML’s products with a view to developing licences and adoption opportunities.
These positions has arisen out of the rapid growth and success of the company, and our extensive and growing number of customer projects.
We are looking for people who are passionate, interested and interesting. You will need to be able to play a significant role in a highly skilled team, prioritising activities, balancing long and short-term objectives and finding innovative ways to promote success.
- Understand market dynamics and anticipate user needs
- Responsible for product definition, requirements etc
- Ensure product go-to-market success by setting the product strategy, concepts, features, and go-to-market strategies
- Play a strategic role in setting the overall product direction
- Create and manage product roadmaps
- Organise sales collateral (info, specs, etc) to allow the sales team to maximise product sales
- Joining sales meeting to maximise sales opportunities with our customers
- Reporting and collating information for internal management reviews
Essential skills / experience
- A degree in a relevant engineering, discipline
- Solid understanding of engineering fundamentals including mechanical, electronic, control and software elements for high technology products
- Good understanding of project, risk management and customer management
- Ability to create and deliver high quality market and technical sales presentations
- A clear communicator with excellent customer facing skills
- Exhibit gravitas and able to influence partners and customers to achieve successful outcomes
- Robust & resilient character
- Have a positive and ‘can do’ attitude
- Able to travel to America or Asia on a frequent basis
We have roles that you can help define and mould to your skills and ambitions within a multi-disciplinary team. We are happy to accommodate individuals with different skill sets and you will have the opportunity to make an important contribution to a dynamic and fast growing company with a global reach. Your salary package will be very competitive and dependent upon relevant academic and industrial experience.
- Competitive salary
- 25 holidays plus public holidays (a total of 33 days a year)
- Private Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- Travel opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular social and team events
- Lunchtime leisure activities (tennis/table tennis/gaming)
- Shower facilities
- Free fruit, breakfast cereal, tea and freshly ground coffee daily
Please send your CV and covering letter to our Human Resources team at: [email protected]