Cambridge Mechatronics Limited (CML) is a high technology design and engineering company based in the historic university town of Cambridge in the United Kingdom. We specialise in pioneering and developing cutting-edge shape memory alloy (SMA) technology and work with well-known manufacturers across the world to take our technology from concept to mass production. We achieve this through technology licensing and partnerships with global manufacturing corporations.
Our 100+ granted patents forms a platform technology that allows the control, positioning and movement of SMA with high precision. CML’s SMA motors are smaller than a human hair and can be positioned with the accuracy of the wavelength of light. We are the only company in the world to master and control these materials to this precision.
Along with offering variety day to day in a stimulating and exciting environment we also see the entire process through from inception through to mass production. This provides a real sense of drive and achievement for our team.
We are looking for an organised and proactive technician to assist our growing team of world-class technologists.
We are looking for someone who is hardworking, interested and has initiative. You will be an important member of a highly skilled team.
- Microscope work carrying out build and assembly (involving knife work, soldering and glueing)
- Assisting with the assembly and preparation of experiments
- Running experiments then collecting and collating test data (with supervision and assistance)
- Working alongside our teams and providing support to the software, mechanical and control and test engineers
- Maintenance and improvement of bespoke CML test equipment
- Assisting with the build of precision prototype parts
- Lab housekeeping - ensuring correct stock levels are maintained along with a clean and tidy workshop environment
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Familiar with milling, drilling and soldering desirable
- Practical experience either through work, study or perhaps personal interest/hobby
- Basic assembly and workshop skills essential
- Design and build skills essential
- Ability to multitask and identify where priorities lie
- Ability to work as part of a team but also
self motivatedto work autonomously
We have roles that you can help define and mould to your skills and ambitions within a multi-disciplinary team. We are happy to accommodate individuals with different skill sets and you will have the opportunity to make an important contribution to a dynamic and
- Competitive salary
- Travel opportunities
- Opportunities to work in China
- Free tea, freshly ground coffee and fruit
- Lunchtime leisure activities (tennis/table tennis/gaming)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular social and team events
- Shower facilities
- Private Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 holidays plus public holidays (a total of 33 days a year)
- Training by world leading experts
Please send your CV and covering letter to our Human Resources team at [email protected] alternatively contact our Recruitment Manager Zayd Alansari on +44 (0)1223 450 190 or 0750 7857 190