Cambridge Mechatronics Limited (CML) is a high technology design and engineering company based in the historic university town of Cambridge in the United Kingdom. We specialise in pioneering and developing miniature motors using our cutting-edge shape memory alloy (SMA) technology.
CML’s miniature motors have shipped in drones, wearable cameras and smartphones and we have achieved this through technology licensing and partnerships with global manufacturing corporations.
We have approximately 200 granted and pending patents based around our platform technology which allows the control, positioning and movement of smart materials with high precision. CML’s SMA motors are smaller than the width of a human hair and can be positioned with the accuracy of the wavelength of light. CML is the only company in the world to master and control these materials with such exceptional accuracy.
The work environment at CML is stimulating and exciting as the company is involved throughout the entire product development process from inception through to mass production, which provides a real sense of achievement for CML’s employees.
We are looking for an
We are looking for someone who is hardworking, interested and has initiative. You will be an important member of a highly skilled team.
- Microscope work carrying out build and assembly (involving knife work, soldering and
- Assisting with the assembly and preparation of experiments
- Running experiments then collecting and collating test data (with supervision and assistance)
- Working alongside our teams and providing support to the software, mechanical and control
- Maintenance and improvement of bespoke CML test equipment
- Assisting with the build of precision prototype parts
- Lab housekeeping - ensuring correct stock levels are maintained along with a clean and tidy workshop environment
- Familiar with milling, drilling
- Practical experience either through work, study or perhaps personal interest/hobby
- Basic assembly and workshop skills essential
- Design and build skills essential
- Ability to multitask and identify where priorities lie
- Ability to work as part of a team but also
self motivatedto work autonomously
We have roles that you can help define and
- Competitive salary
- Training by world leading experts
- 25 holidays plus public holidays (33 days a year)
- Private Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- Travel opportunities
- Opportunities to work in China
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular social and team events
- Lunchtime leisure activities (tennis/table tennis/gaming)
- Shower facilities
- Free fruit, breakfast cereal, tea and freshly ground coffee daily
Please send your CV and covering letter to our Human Resources team at [email protected] alternatively contact our Recruitment Manager Zayd Alansari on +44 (0)1223 450 190 or 0750 7857 190