Cambridge Mechatronics Limited (CML) is a multi-disciplinary company, developing camera module solutions utilising our cutting-edge shape memory alloy (SMA) technology. Our technology is shipping in top tier flagship smartphones, as well as inside drones, wearable devices, and other consumer products.
We have approximately 500 granted and pending patents based around our platform technology, which allows the control, positioning and movement of smart materials with high precision.
CML’s SMA wire is thinner than the width of a human hair and can be positioned with the accuracy of the wavelength of light. CML is the only company in the world to master and control these materials with such exceptional accuracy.
The work environment at CML is stimulating and exciting, as we are involved throughout the entire product development process from inception through to mass production, which provides a real sense of achievement for our employees.
We are looking for a dynamic and ambitious mechanical engineer to join our growing team of world-class technologists who will make their mark on our technology. This new position has arisen out of this exciting phase of introducing this ground breaking technology into new product areas.
We are looking for someone who is passionate, interested and interesting. You will need to be able to play a significant role a highly skilled team, prioritising activities, balancing long and short term objectives and finding efficient ways to solve problems. The role involves travel to Asia and America a few times a year to support the manufacturing of our actuator technology and the integration of this technology into mobile phone cameras.
- Creation of new product concepts to maintain CML’s technical lead in miniature actuator technology
- Development of detailed designs which deliver the concept in a manufacturable product
- Work with CML’s control and electronics engineers to ensure the product design is fully compatible with CML’s technology
- Responsibility for identifying and resolving issues with the product through prototype build and test cycles
- Collaboration with CML's manufacturing partners in Asia and America
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- A good degree in mechanical engineering or related discipline
- Solid understanding of mechanical fundamentals including mechanism design, structural and dynamics analysis
- Experience of 3D CAD, preferably SolidWorks.
- Experience of communicating, showing initiative, making decisions and arguing your point as a member of a team of highly skilled engineers.
- Ability to prioritise activities, balancing long and short term objectives and finding efficient ways to solve problems.
- At least 4 years’ experience in an engineering environment or a postgraduate post is desirable but not essential
- Able to travel to China to provide customer support
- Good customer facing skills
Able to demonstrate you are a strong team player, and that that you can effectively interact and work with other technical teams. Strong analytical skills and a passion for technology are also expected.
You must be self-motivated, able to prioritise activities and allocation of resource, and have excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
You must be able to demonstrate experience of working in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment, with the ability to assimilate information and requests from multiple sources.
We have roles that you can help define and mould to your skills and ambitions within a multi-disciplinary team. We are happy to accommodate individuals with different skill sets and you will have the opportunity to make an important contribution to a dynamic and fast growing company with a global reach. Your salary package will be very competitive and dependent upon relevant academic and industrial experience.
- Competitive salary
- Travel opportunities
- Opportunities to work in China
- Free breakfast cereals, fresh fruit, tea & freshly ground coffee, daily
- Lunchtime leisure activities (tennis/table tennis/gaming)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular social and team events
- Shower facilities
- Private Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 holidays plus public holidays (total of 33 days a year)
- Training by world leading experts
Please send your CV and covering letter to our Human Resources team at [email protected]