Cambridge Mechatronics Limited (CML) is a high technology design and engineering company based in the historic university town of Cambridge in the United Kingdom. We
Our 100+ granted patents
Along with offering variety day to day in a stimulating and exciting environment we also see the entire process through from inception through to mass production. This provides a real sense of drive and achievement for our team.
We are looking for a dynamic and ambitious mechanical engineer to join our growing team of world-class technologists who will make their mark on our technology. This new position has arisen out of this exciting phase of introducing this ground breaking technology into new product areas.
We are looking for someone who is passionate, interested and interesting. You will need to be able to play a significant
- Creation of new product concepts to maintain CML’s technical lead in miniature actuator technology
- Development of detailed designs which deliver the concept in a manufacturable product
- Work with CML’s control and electronics engineers to ensure the product design is fully compatible with CML’s technology
- Responsibility for identifying and resolving issues with the product through prototype build and test cycles
- Collaboration with CML's manufacturing partners in Asia and America
- A 1st or 2.1 class from a top university in mechanical engineering or related discipline
- Solid understanding of mechanical fundamentals including mechanism design, structural and dynamics analysis
- Experience of 3D CAD, preferably SolidWorks.
- Experience of communicating, showing initiative, making decisions and arguing your point as a member of a team of highly skilled engineers.
- Ability to
prioritiseactivities, balancing long and short term objectives and finding efficient ways to solve problems.
- At least 2 years’ experience in an engineering environment or a postgraduate post is desirable
- Good customer facing skills
We have roles that you can help define and
- Competitive salary
- Training by world leading experts
- 25 holidays plus public holidays (a total of 33 days a year)
- Private Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- Travel opportunities
- Opportunities to work in China
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular social and team events
- Lunchtime leisure activities (tennis/table tennis/gaming)
- Shower facilities
- Free fruit, breakfast cereal, tea and freshly ground coffee daily
Please send your CV and covering letter to our Human Resources team at [email protected] alternatively contact our Recruitment Manager Zayd Alansari on +44 (0)1223 450 190 or 0750 7857 190