Cambridge Mechatronics Limited (CML) is a high technology design and engineering company based in the historic university town of Cambridge in the United Kingdom. We specialise in pioneering and developing cutting-edge shape memory alloy (SMA) technology and work with well-known manufacturers across the world to take our technology from concept to mass production. We achieve this through technology licensing and partnerships with global manufacturing corporations.
Our 100+ granted patents forms a platform technology that allows the control, positioning and movement of SMA with high precision. CML’s SMA motors are smaller than a human hair and can be positioned with the accuracy of the wavelength of light. We are the only company in the world to master and control these materials to this precision.
Along with offering variety day to day in a stimulating and exciting environment we also see the entire process through from inception through to mass production. This provides a real sense of drive and achievement for our team.
We are looking for a dynamic and ambitious mechanical engineer to join our growing team of world-class technologists who will make their mark on our technology. This new position has arisen out of this exciting phase of introducing this
We are looking for someone who is passionate, interested and interesting. You will need to be able to play a significant role a highly skilled team, prioritising activities, balancing long and short term objectives and finding efficient ways to solve problems. The role involves travel to Asia and America a few times a year to support the manufacturing of our actuator technology and the integration of this technology into mobile phone cameras.
- Creation of new product concepts to maintain CML’s technical lead in miniature actuator technology
- Development of detailed designs which deliver the concept in a manufacturable product
- Work with CML’s control and electronics engineers to ensure the product design is fully compatible with CML’s technology
- Responsibility for identifying and resolving issues with the product through prototype build and test cycles
- Collaboration with CML's manufacturing partners in Asia and America
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- A 1st or 2.1 class from a top university in mechanical engineering or related discipline
- Solid understanding of mechanical fundamentals including mechanism design, structural and dynamics analysis
- Experience of 3D CAD, preferably SolidWorks.
ofcommunicating, showing initiative, making decisions and arguing your point as a member of a team of highly skilled engineers.
- Ability to prioritise activities, balancing long and short term objectives and finding efficient ways to solve problems.
- At least 2 years’ experience in an engineering environment or a postgraduate post is desirable
- Good customer facing skills
We have roles that you can help define and mould to your skills and ambitions within a multi-disciplinary team. We are happy to accommodate individuals with different skill sets and you will have the opportunity to make an important contribution to a dynamic and
- Competitive salary
- Travel opportunities
- Opportunities to work in China
- Free tea, freshly ground coffee and fruit
- Lunchtime leisure activities (tennis/table tennis/gaming)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular social and team events
- Shower facilities
- Private Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 holidays plus public holidays (a total of 33 days a year)
- Training by world leading experts
Please send your CV and covering letter to our Human Resources team at [email protected] alternatively contact our Recruitment Manager Zayd Alansari on +44 (0)1223 450 190 or 0750 7857 190