Cambridge Mechatronics Limited (CML) is a cutting-edge technology company developing Shape Memory Alloy (SMA) actuators which are at the heart of the world’s leading smartphone cameras. CML’s technology is already shipping in high volumes and the company is in an exciting period of rapid growth.
We have over 450 granted and pending patents based around our platform technology which allows the control, positioning and movement of smart materials with high precision. CML’s SMA wire is thinner than the width of a human hair and can be positioned with the accuracy of the wavelength of light. CML is the only company in the world to master and control these materials with such exceptional accuracy.
The work environment at CML is stimulating and exciting as we are involved throughout the entire product development process from inception through to mass production, which provides a real sense of achievement for our employees.
Working closely with the Head of Marketing, you will be responsible for a variety of on and offline marketing and communications activities to help promote the company and its technology. This will include the management of CML’s website and social media channels, the design and production of marketing assets, event planning and general marketing administration.
This new position has arisen out of the rapid growth and success of the company, and is a great opportunity for someone hoping to quickly develop their marketing career. You will be well organised with a good attention to detail, be self-motivated and proactive with a cheerful and “can do” outlook.
- Website/social media: Planning, creation and management of CML’s online content.
- Content creation: Collaborate with CML’s engineering experts to author professional marketing content.
- Imagery: Co-ordinate with external photographers and graphics artists to create suitable imagery for use on CML’s website, social media and corporate presentations.
- Reporting: Track effectiveness of market campaigns, generating reports.
- Marketing administration: Assist the team with general marketing admin tasks.
- CRM: Assist with the day to day management of the company’s CRM database.
- Events: Support CML at industry events, arranging sponsorship, planning booths.
- Media: Engage with relevant technology media outlets to boost brand awareness.
- Monitoring: Understand and monitor industry news and developments.
Essential skills / experience
Passionate about marketing, with at least 3 years’ experience in B2B marketing communications.
Able to demonstrable an ability to develop engaging content using own initiative.
Experience of planning and managing company participation at industry events.
Natural storyteller with excellent written communication skills.
Experience using a wide variety of office software.
Experience of website authoring using a CMS.
Desirable skills / experience:
A business / marketing degree or equivalent qualification from a recognised body such as CIM.
Experience in B2B marketing communications at a technology company.
Experience of website analytics, search engine optimisation and customer relationship management.
Experience of design packages such as Indesign, Canva or Photoshop.
We have roles that you can help define and mould to your skills and ambitions within a multi-disciplinary team. We are happy to accommodate individuals with different skill sets and you will have the opportunity to make an important contribution to a dynamic and fast growing company with a global reach. Your salary package will be very competitive and dependent upon relevant academic and industrial experience.
- Competitive salary
- 25 holidays plus public holidays (a total of 33 days a year)
- Private Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- Travel opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular social and team events
- Lunchtime leisure activities (tennis/table tennis/gaming)
- Shower facilities
- Free fruit, breakfast cereal, tea and freshly ground coffee daily
Please send your CV and covering letter to our Human Resources team at: [email protected]