Cambridge Mechatronics Limited (CML) is a multi-disciplinary company, developing camera module solutions utilising our cutting-edge shape memory alloy (SMA) technology. Our technology is shipping in top tier flagship smartphones, as well as inside drones, wearable devices, and other consumer products.
We have approximately 650 granted and pending patents based around our platform technology, which allows the control, positioning and movement of smart materials with high precision. CML is proud to rank in the top 25 applicants in terms of yearly UK patent filings, on par with larger technology licensing companies such as Arm, Imagination Technologies and Rolls Royce.
CML’s SMA wire is thinner than the width of a human hair and can be positioned with the accuracy of the wavelength of light. CML is the only company in the world to master and control these materials with such exceptional accuracy.
The work environment at CML is stimulating and exciting, as we are involved throughout the entire product development process from inception through to mass production, which provides a real sense of achievement for our employees.
You will support the management and monitoring of all financial activity, including financial analysis as and when required by the senior management team.
- Support the smooth running of the group accounts close process, ensuring P&L and balance sheet reviews are completed
- Support the preparation of the board pack, providing variance analysis against budget
- Collaborate with department heads to update the rolling forecasts and annual budgeting process
- Support the cost accounting process, providing analysis as required by the programme management team and HMRC in preparation for the R&D tax credit submission
- Review payroll schedules and supplier payment runs
- Manage cash flow requirements efficiently between high interest deposit accounts
- Assist with audit and tax schedule and liaise with external auditors and tax advisors
- Conduct financial analysis to support decision-making, identify trends, and provide actionable insights to management for business improvement
- Continuously review and enhance financial processes and systems to improve efficiency, accuracy, and data integrity
Key Competencies / Character Attributes
- Previous experience in a fabless manufacturing environment or fast evolving start up environment
- Previous experience processing payroll in-house
- Familiarity with financial reporting software aimed at medium sized businesses, ideally Sage 200
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Results-focused and process-driven
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Work collaboratively within a team
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Capable and comfortable of taking an ownership role on certain activities/projects
- Able to prioritise workload and ensure tasks are completed on time or ahead of time
Education and Experience
- A qualified or part-qualified accountant (CIMA / ACCA / ACA) with experience in a dynamic, high growth company
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to build relationships internally and externally across geographical borders
- Sage 200 experience (desirable)
- Sage 50 payroll experience (desirable)
We have roles that you can help define and mould to your skills and ambitions within a multi-disciplinary team. We are happy to accommodate individuals with different skill sets and you will have the opportunity to make an important contribution to a dynamic and fast growing company with a global reach. Your salary package will be very competitive and dependent upon relevant academic and industry experience.
- Competitive salary
- 25 holidays plus public holidays (33 days a year)
- Private Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular social and team events
- Lunchtime leisure activities (tennis/table tennis/gaming)
- Shower facilities
- Free fresh fruit, breakfast cereal, tea and freshly ground coffee daily
Please send your CV and covering letter to our Human Resources team at: [email protected]