This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing actuator company based in Cambridge already working with the leading global smartphone handset makers.
CML wants to take advantage of a growing number of commercial opportunities for its smart material actuation technology platform. It has recently opened offices in China, Korea, Japan and the United States to manage business development with the giants of the mobile phone and consumer electronics industries. It is increasing its engineering and operational resources to reflect its growth projects.
We are innovative and cutting edge with our technology but now is the time to recruit our first in house Legal or Corporate Counsel. We already have an in-house IP team.
In return we offer a collaborative and respectful culture where you can really make your mark.
- Company and Shareholder legal oversight.
- Preparation and management of all legal matters related to corporate fundraising activity, including responsibility for work with the Company’s external Corporate Lawyers.
- Contract preparation and negotiation of commercial agreements.
- Management of corporate matters, including dealing with information requests from the CML board of directors and shareholders
- Provision of general legal advice and support on a range of other matters, e.g. employment law, export compliance, dispute resolution, etc
- Perform the Company Secretarial role, including attendance and minute taking at Board and Committee meetings and working with external advisers to ensure that UK head office and overseas subsidiary filing requirements are met
- Contribute to the legal and regulatory requirements for setting up overseas operations
- Assist in the development and implementation of risk management processes
- Legal abilities as required to perform the activities described above to a very high standard
- Excellent communication skills enabling a high level of collaborative work with CML colleagues and liaising effectively with shareholders and board members
Cambridge Mechatronics Limited (CML) is a multi-disciplinary company developing camera module solutions utilising our cutting-edge shape memory alloy (SMA) technology. Our technology is shipping in top tier flagship smartphones, as well as inside drones, wearable devices and other consumer devices.
We have approximately 400 granted and pending patents based around our platform technology which allows the control, positioning and movement of smart materials with high precision. CML’s SMA wire is thinner than the width of a human hair and can be positioned with the accuracy of the wavelength of light. CML is the only company in the world to master and control these materials with such exceptional accuracy.
The work environment at CML is stimulating and exciting as we are involved throughout the entire product development process from inception through to mass production, which provides a real sense of achievement for our employees.
We are also proud of our culture which we have maintained throughout our growth. We are innovative but also collaborative and respectful. It is a great place to work and exciting times.
You will have the opportunity to make an important contribution to a dynamic and fast growing company with a global reach. Your salary package will be very competitive and dependent upon relevant academic and industrial experience.
- Competitive salary
- 25 holidays plus public holidays (a total of 33 days a year)
- Private Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- Travel opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular social and team events
- Lunchtime leisure activities (tennis/table tennis/gaming)
- Shower facilities
- Free fruit, breakfast cereal, tea and freshly ground coffee daily
Please send your CV and covering letter to our Human Resources team at: [email protected]