Cambridge Mechatronics Limited (CML) is a multi-disciplinary company, developing camera module solutions utilising our cutting-edge shape memory alloy (SMA) technology. Our technology is shipping in top tier flagship smartphones, as well as inside drones, wearable devices, and other consumer products.
We have approximately 500 granted and pending patents based around our platform technology, which allows the control, positioning and movement of smart materials with high precision.
CML’s SMA wire is thinner than the width of a human hair and can be positioned with the accuracy of the wavelength of light. CML is the only company in the world to master and control these materials with such exceptional accuracy.
The work environment at CML is stimulating and exciting, as we are involved throughout the entire product development process from inception through to mass production, which provides a real sense of achievement for our employees.
We are looking for someone who is passionate and interested to assist in the development of Verilog RTL for custom IC designs and FPGA verification environments and provide general technical support in the validation of IC devices in terms of device characterisation and preparation for mass production.
You will need to be able to play a significant role in a highly skilled team, prioritising activities, balancing long and short-term objectives and finding efficient ways to solve problems. The role involves some travel to Asia and America.
Help develop digital designs for custom IC integration – this would take the form of writing and refining Verilog models for simulation and synthesis, creating System Verilog test benches and writing automated build scripts for FPGA simulation, synthesis and bench testing.
Create FPGA designs that facilitate the timely development of embedded firmware during the early phases of a silicon development project. Here an engineer is required to assemble and partition both in-house designs and IP from third parties, and wrap with modelling logic to represent mixed signal design elements in the wider system.
Help validate new silicon designs – engineering effort is needed to write a suite of validation tests that can be used to check the correct operation of custom silicon both in terms of electrical performance and functionality. Such tests would require a mix between CI/CD automation and manual tests where measurements would be collected from electrical test equipment.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- 2+ years of relevant experience in the tech industry
- Degree in computer science/electronic engineering or equivalent (2:1 or better)
- Previous experience in the world of FPGA/ASIC design and verification
- Expert in the use of Xilinx FPGA development tools
- Good knowledge of industry-standard interface technology (I2C, SPI, USB, AMBA etc)
- Strong Verilog, SystemVerilog and Python language skills
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience with unit test frameworks, build scripting, Jenkins CI/CD automation
- An appreciation of real time embedded firmware and CPU architecture
- Some electronics design experiences is desirable along with general bench debug and test skills
- A working knowledge of mixed signal circuitry
Self-motivated team player with excellent technical communication skills
Diligent with strong attention to detail
A finisher, driven by targets and milestones, and keen to work in a small and dynamic team
We have roles that you can help define and mould to your skills and ambitions within a multi-disciplinary team. We are happy to accommodate individuals with different skill sets and you will have the opportunity to make an important contribution to a dynamic and fast growing company with a global reach. Your salary package will be very competitive and dependent upon relevant academic and industrial experience.
- Competitive salary
- Travel opportunities
- Free breakfast cereals, fresh fruit, tea & freshly ground coffee, daily
- Lunchtime leisure activities (tennis/table tennis/gaming)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular social and team events
- Shower facilities
- Private Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 holidays plus public holidays (total of 33 days a year)
- Training by world leading experts
Please send your CV and covering letter to our Human Resources team at [email protected]