Cambridge Mechatronics Limited (CML) is a high technology design and engineering company based in the historic university town of Cambridge in the United Kingdom. We
Our 200+ granted patents
Along with offering variety day to day in a stimulating and exciting environment we also see the entire process through from inception through to mass production. This provides a real sense of drive and achievement for our team.
We are looking for a dynamic and ambitious firmware engineer to join our growing team of world-class electronics, control and firmware engineers who will make their mark on our smart actuator technology. The role will report to the Electronics Director, who heads up our team developing
We are looking for someone who is passionate, interested and interesting. You will need to be able to play a significant role in a highly skilled team,
- Work within the team of mechanical, control, electronics, firmware and performance engineers at CML to build on the proprietary SMA control algorithms that CML has developed to meet the needs of the market.
- Specify, develop and evaluate embedded firmware solutions to drive our actuator technology, and support transfer of these into high volume production.
- Develop and improve the methods and procedures to enhance our ability to deliver successful products.
- Interface with CML’s partners and customers to understand their requirements and to deliver the assistance that they need to use our products.
- 1st Class or 2:1 BSc or BEng in Electronic Engineering or
other relevant degree course
- Embedded programming of microcontrollers
- C/C++ development
- Relevant industrial experience and achievements
- Designing to requirement specifications
- Board-level debug and test
- Use of oscilloscopes
- Defect tracking and peer review
Other skills of interest:
- Digital signal processing (DSP)
- MatLab or Simulink experience
- Use of Python
- Assembler-level programming
- Appreciation of Agile development methods
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Writing specifications
- Creating technical documentation
- Closed loop control system design and development
- Transferring new technology into mass production
- Design for manufacture
- Appreciation of mechanical design
You must also be able to demonstrate you are a strong team player, and that you can effectively interact and work with other technical teams. Strong analytical skills and a passion for technology are also expected.
You must also be self-motivated, able to
You must be able to demonstrate experience working in a fast-paced environment, able to assimilate information and requests from customers and
You should also be able to mentor junior engineers.
We have roles that you can help define and
- Competitive salary
- Training by world leading experts
- 25 holidays plus public holidays (a total of 33 days a year)
- Private Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- Travel opportunities
- Opportunities to work in China
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular social and team events
- Lunchtime leisure activities (tennis/table tennis/gaming)
- Shower facilities
- Free fruit, breakfast cereal, tea and freshly ground coffee daily
Please send your CV and covering letter to our Human Resources team at [email protected] alternatively contact our Recruitment Manager Zayd Alansari on +44 (0)1223 450 190 or 0750 7857 190