Cambridge Mechatronics Limited (CML) is a high technology design and engineering company based in the historic university town of Cambridge in the United Kingdom. We work with well-known manufacturers across the world and specialise in pioneering and developing cutting-edge shape memory alloy (SMA) technology from concept to mass production. We achieve this through technology licensing and partnerships with global manufacturing corporations.
Among our 100+ granted patents is a platform technology that allows the control, positioning and movement of smart materials with high precision. CML’s SMA motors are smaller than the width of a human hair and can be positioned with the accuracy of the wavelength of light. We are the only company in the world to master and control these materials with exceptional accuracy.
Along with offering variety day to day in a stimulating and exciting environment we also bring products to market, seeing the entire process through from inception through to mass production. This provides a real sense of achievement for our team.
We are looking for an organised and proactive technician to assist our growing team of world-class technologists, someone who is hardworking, interested and has initiative. You will be an important member of a highly skilled team.
- Assisting with the assembly and preparation of experiments
- Running experiments then collecting and collating test data (with supervision and assistance)
- Working alongside our teams and providing support to the software, mechanical and control and test engineers
- Maintenance and improvement of bespoke CML test equipment
- Assisting with the build of precision prototype parts
- Lab housekeeping - ensuring correct stock levels are maintained along with a clean and tidy workshop environment
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Soldering experience desirable
- Practical experience either through work, study or perhaps personal interest/hobby
- Basic assembly and workshop skills essential
- Design and build skills essential
- Ability to multitask and identify where priorities lie
- Ability to work as part of a team but also self-motivated to work autonomously
We have roles that you can help define and mould to your skills and ambitions within a multi-disciplinary team. We are happy to accommodate individuals with different skill sets and you will have the opportunity to make an important contribution to a dynamic and fast-growing company with a global reach. Your salary package will be very competitive and dependent upon relevant academic and industrial experience.
- Competitive salary
- Training by world leading experts
- 25 holidays plus public holidays (a total of 33 days a year)
- Private Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- Travel opportunities
- Opportunities to work in China
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular social and team events
- Lunchtime leisure activities (tennis/table tennis/gaming)
- Shower facilities
- Free fruit, breakfast cereal, tea and freshly ground coffee daily
Please send your CV and covering letter to our Human Resources team:
Alternatively contact our Recruitment Manager, Zayd Alansari, on +44 (0)1223 450190 or 0750 7857190