Cambridge Mechatronics Limited (CML) is a high technology design and engineering company based in the historic university town of Cambridge in the United Kingdom. We specialise in pioneering and developing miniature motors using our cutting-edge shape memory alloy (SMA) technology.
CML’s miniature motors have shipped in drones, wearable cameras and smartphones and we have achieved this through technology licensing and partnerships with global manufacturing corporations.
We have approximately 200 granted and pending patents based around our platform technology which allows the control, positioning and movement of smart materials with high precision. CML’s SMA motors are smaller than the width of a human hair and can be positioned with the accuracy of the wavelength of light. CML is the only company in the world to master and control these materials with such exceptional accuracy.
The work environment at CML is stimulating and exciting as the company is involved throughout the entire product development process from inception through to mass production, which provides a real sense of achievement for CML’s employees.
We are looking for a dynamic and ambitious engineer or physicist to join our growing team of world-class technologists who will make their mark on our technology. This new position has arisen out of this exciting phase of introducing this ground breaking technology into new product areas.
We are looking for someone who is hands-on, passionate, interested and interesting. You will need to be able to play a significant
- Work within the team of mechanical, control, electronics, firmware and software engineers and physicists at CML to build on the proprietary SMA control algorithms that CML has developed to meet the needs of the market.
- Develop and improve the test equipment and procedures to confirm the performance of the mechanics, electronics
- Interface with CML’s partners and customers to understand their requirements and to deliver the assistance that they need to use our product.
- A 1st or 2.1 class from a top university in Engineering/Physical Science
PhDor experience in industry developing technology
- Strong skills in experimental design
- Experience of communicating, showing initiative, making decisions and arguing your point as a member of a team of highly skilled engineers
- Ability to
prioritiseactivities, balancing long and short term objectives and finding efficient ways to solve problems
- A working understanding of mechanics
Ideallyproficient software skills, in MATLAB and/or Python
- Ideally experience of developing test equipment
- Ideally experience of developing robust control systems for controlling actuators.
- Ideally experience of working with microprocessors
- Ideally experience of transferring new technology into high volume mass production
We have roles that you can help define and
- Competitive salary
- Training by world leading experts
- 25 holidays plus public holidays (33 days a year)
- Private Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- Travel opportunities
- Opportunities to work in China
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular social and team events
- Lunchtime leisure activities (tennis/table tennis/gaming)
- Shower facilities
- Free fruit, breakfast cereal, tea and freshly ground coffee daily
Please send your CV and covering letter to our Human Resources team at [email protected] alternatively contact our Recruitment Manager Zayd Alansari on +44 (0)1223 450 190 or 0750 7857 190