Cambridge Mechatronics Limited (CML) is a high technology design and engineering company based in the historic university town of Cambridge in the United Kingdom. We specialise in pioneering and developing miniature motors using our cutting-edge shape memory alloy (SMA) technology.
CML’s miniature motors have shipped in drones, wearable cameras and smartphones, we have achieved this through technology licensing and partnerships with global manufacturing corporations.
We have approximately 200 granted and pending patents based around our platform technology which allows the control, positioning and movement of smart materials with high precision. CML’s SMA motors are smaller than the width of a human hair and can be positioned with the accuracy of the wavelength of light. CML is the only company in the world to master and control these materials with such exceptional accuracy.
The work environment at CML is stimulating and exciting as the company is involved throughout the entire product development process from inception through to mass production, which provides a real sense of achievement for CML’s employees.
We are looking for someone who is passionate, interested and interesting. You will be a dynamic engineer joining our growing team of world-class engineers who will make their mark on our smart actuator technology.
You will have some formal training in control engineering and have demonstrated your skills in applying your control engineering knowledge in an engineering position. Ideally you will have had some commercial/customer facing exposure and be keen to grow in this area.
- Work within the team of mechanical, control, electronics, firmware and software engineers and physicists at CML to build on the proprietary SMA control algorithms that CML has developed to meet the needs of the market.
- Develop and improve the test equipment and procedures to confirm the performance of the mechanics, electronics
- Interface with CML’s partners and customers to understand their requirements and to deliver the assistance that they need to use our product.
You will play a significant role in a highly skilled team, prioritising activities, balancing long and short-term objectives and finding efficient ways to solve problems. The role involves some travel to Asia and America to support the development of our actuator technology and solutions.
- Develop and improve methods and procedures to assess and enhance the performance of the SMA system (interaction of mechanics, control and electronics).
- Forge strong relationships with CML’s partners and customers to understand their requirements and to deliver the assistance that they need to use our product
- Develop, maintain, document and improve product specifications, test equipment and test methods
- Work within the team of mechanical, control, electronics, firmware and software engineers and physicists at CML to build on the proprietary SMA control algorithms that CML has developed to meet the needs of the market
- A university degree in Control Engineering or similar level of training in control engineering
- >1 years’ experience in industry, preferably in consumer electronics
- Control system design and analysis of dynamic systems, more specifically – F
- Experience in feedback control algorithm design and analysis, design of robust controllers, dynamic system design, modelling and analysis, system identification, signal processing
- Some practical experience of implementing and testing all of the above
- Strong skills in experimental design and analysis
- Ability to prioritise activities, balancing long and short term objectives and finding efficient ways to solve problems
- Experience of developing robust control systems
- Signal processing experience
- An understanding of electronics hardware
- Proficient skills in one or more of C, C#, MATLAB or python.
- A working understanding of mechanical systems and experience in testing them
Desirable, Skills and Experience:
- Developing test equipment.
- Working with microprocessors
- Transferring new technology into high volume mass production
We have roles that you can help define and mould to your skills and ambitions within a multi-disciplinary team. We are happy to accommodate individuals with different skill sets and you will have the opportunity to make an important contribution to a dynamic and fast growing company with a global reach. Your salary package will be very competitive and dependent upon relevant academic and industrial experience.
- Competitive salary
- Training by world leading experts
- 25 holidays plus public holidays (33 days a year)
- Private Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- Travel opportunities
- Opportunities to work in China
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular social and team events
- Lunchtime leisure activities (tennis/table tennis/gaming)
- Shower facilities
- Free fruit, breakfast cereal, tea and freshly ground coffee daily
Please send your CV and covering letter to our Human Resources team at [email protected] alternatively contact our Recruitment Manager Zayd Alansari on +44 (0)1223 450 190 or 0750 7857 190