Cambridge Mechatronics Limited (CML) is a multidisciplinary engineering company that leverages smart materials to design and develop miniature motors, also known as actuators, for use across a variety of applications.
CML’s patented platform technology uses a smart material called Shape Memory Alloy (SMA). CML has world-leading expertise in the design and application of SMA to make actuators for electronic devices. CML’s actuators are the size of a human hair and can be controlled to the accuracy of the wavelength of light. These actuators are particularly suited to applications that require high levels of precision and force, in a compact and lightweight design.
CML has established relationships with major global corporations across international supply chains. SMA camera actuators are in production under license by global manufacturers, which are currently shipping in volumes of millions in smartphones, drones
We are looking for a dynamic and ambitious engineer or physicist to join our growing team of world-class technologists who will make their mark on our technology. This new position has arisen out of this exciting phase of introducing this groundbreaking technology into new product areas.
We are looking for someone who is hands-on, passionate, interested and interesting. You will need to be able to play a significant
- Work within the team of mechanical, control, electronics, firmware and software engineers and physicists at CML to build on the proprietary SMA control algorithms that CML has developed to meet the needs of the market.
- Develop and improve the test equipment and procedures to confirm the performance of the mechanics, electronics
- Interface with CML’s partners and customers to understand their requirements and to deliver the assistance that they need to use our product.
- A 1st or 2.1 class from a top university in Engineering/Physical Science
PhDor experience in industry developing technology
- Strong skills in experimental design
- Experience of communicating, showing initiative, making decisions and arguing your point as a member of a team of highly skilled engineers
- Ability to
prioritiseactivities, balancing long and short term objectives and finding efficient ways to solve problems
- A working understanding of mechanics
Ideallyproficient software skills, in MATLAB and/or Python
- Ideally experience of developing test equipment
- Ideally experience of developing robust control systems for controlling actuators.
- Ideally experience of working with microprocessors
- Ideally experience of transferring new technology into high volume mass production
We have roles that you can help define and
- Competitive salary
- Travel opportunities
- Opportunities to work in China
- Free tea, freshly ground coffee and fruit
- Lunchtime leisure activities (tennis/table tennis/gaming)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular social and team events
- Shower facilities
- Private Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 holidays plus public holidays (a total of 33 days a year)
- Training by world leading experts
Please send your CV and covering letter to our Human Resources team at [email protected] alternatively contact our Recruitment Manager Zayd Alansari on +44 (0)1223 450 190 or 0750 7857 190