Cambridge Mechatronics Limited (CML) is a multi-disciplinary company, developing camera module solutions utilising our cutting-edge shape memory alloy (SMA) technology. Our technology is shipping in top tier flagship smartphones, as well as inside drones, wearable devices, and other consumer products.
We have approximately 650 granted and pending patents based around our platform technology, which allows the control, positioning and movement of smart materials with high precision.
CML’s SMA wire is thinner than the width of a human hair and can be positioned with the accuracy of the wavelength of light. CML is the only company in the world to master and control these materials with such exceptional accuracy.
The work environment at CML is both stimulating and exciting, as we are involved throughout the entire product development process from inception through to mass production, which provides a real sense of achievement for our employees.
We are looking for an organised and proactive technician to manage our camera and handset test equipment for our growing team of world-class engineers and scientists. Someone who is hardworking, structured and has initiative. Who is also willing to learn and carry out camera and handset level testing. You will be an important member of a highly skilled camera and handset team.
- Regular maintenance and calibration of test equipment
- Improving test equipment
- Installing and qualifying new test equipment
- Design and execution of tests on the test equipment
- Data processing, analysis and presentation.
- Working in a diverse team including material scientists, software, mechanical, control and test engineers
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience of testing
- Highly interested in testing cameras and handsets
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Self motivated and able to work autonomously
- Ability to prioritise own workload.
- Worked with image sensors or phone testing
- Experience in the assembly of fine components, either through work, study or perhaps personal interest/hobby
- Machine workshop skills
- Electronics fault finding skills
- Design of experiments
- Capability to pick up software skills (C# coding) if trained for short period
We have roles that you can help define and mould to your skills and ambitions within a multi-disciplinary team. We are happy to accommodate individuals with different skill sets and you will have the opportunity to make an important contribution to a dynamic and fast growing company with a global reach. Your salary package will be very competitive and dependent upon relevant academic and industrial experience.
- Competitive salary
- Travel opportunities
- Opportunities to work in China
- Free breakfast cereals, fresh fruit, tea & freshly ground coffee, daily
- Lunchtime leisure activities (tennis/table tennis/gaming)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular social and team events
- Shower facilities
- Private Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 holidays plus public holidays (total of 33 days a year)
- Training by world leading experts
Please send your CV and covering letter to our Human Resources team at [email protected]