Cambridge Mechatronics Limited (CML) is a high technology design and engineering company based in the historic university town of Cambridge in the United Kingdom. We specialise in pioneering and developing miniature motors using our cutting-edge shape memory alloy (SMA) technology.
CML’s miniature motors have shipped in drones, wearable cameras and smartphones and we have achieved this through technology licensing and partnerships with global manufacturing corporations.
We have over 200 granted and pending patents based around our platform technology which allows the control, positioning and movement of smart materials with high precision. CML’s SMA motors are smaller than a human hair and can be positioned with the accuracy of the wavelength of light. CML is the only company in the world to master and control these materials with such exceptional accuracy.
Key Activities and Accountabilities: (The main day to day activities and responsibilities of the role)
- Drafting patent applications based on invention disclosures and discussions with technical staff
- Patent filing and prosecution in the UK, Europe and internationally using external patent attorneys as appropriate
- Helping to maintain IP management systems for a growing portfolio of over 100 patent families
- Assisting technical staff with IP-related questions
- Patent searching in areas of interest
Key Competencies: (skills and abilities necessary to successfully carry out the role)
- Good understanding of the physics and the design of mechanical devices
- Excellent patent drafting skills
- Good knowledge of domestic and international patent law
- Ability to communicate clearly, precisely and concisely
Character Attributes: (character attributes and behaviours for success in the role)
- A clear, logical and analytical mind
- Organised with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Able to work well in teams and establish strong relationships within a dynamic company
- Creative, flexible and enthusiastic approach
Type and level of Education/Experience: (preferred, essential or desired educational or professional qualifications)
- Degree or PhD in the physical sciences or engineering
- Newly qualified UK/European patent attorney
Provide a highly-responsive and high-quality service in relation to the patent filing, prosecution and advice in order to play a key role in further strengthening the company’s intellectual property position and hence the commercial success.
We have roles that you can help define and mould to your skills and ambitions within a multi-disciplinary team. We are ahappy to accommodate individuals with different skill sets and you will have the opportunity to make an important contribution to a dynamic and fast growing company with a global reach. Your salary package will be very competitive and dependent upon relevant academic and industrial experience.
- Competitive salary
- Training by world leading experts
- 25 holidays plus public holidays (33 days a year)
- Private Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- Travel opportunities
- Opportunities to work in China
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular social and team events
- Lunchtime leisure activities (tennis/table tennis/gaming)
- Shower facilities
- Free fruit, breakfast cereal, tea and freshly ground coffee daily
Please send your CV and covering letter to our Human Resources team at [email protected] alternatively contact our Recruitment Manager Zayd Alansari on +44 (0)1223 261603 or 0750 7857 190