1. Cambridge Mechatronics Ltd respects the privacy of every individual who visits our website. This policy outlines the use of personal data under the Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA”) and the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”).
2. For the purpose of DPA and GDPR we are the data controller and any enquiry regarding the collection or processing of your data should be emailed to email@example.com.
3. By using the website you consent to this policy.
Information we collect
4. We will collect personally identifiable information about you (i.e. your name, address etc) on this website only if it is directly provided to us by you, the user. Users may choose to submit personal data to obtain information or submit a comment. The decision to provide personal data is made at the user’s discretion. If you do not want your personal data collected, please do not submit it to us.
5. We also use analytical and statistical tools that monitor details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data (but this data will not identify you personally). An example of such data would include the type of internet browser or the type of computer you are using, or the domain name of the website from which you linked to our site. We use ‘cookie’ technology and IP addresses only to obtain non-personal information from online visitors to provide them with the best possible personalised online experience.
Use of your information
6. We may hold and process personal data that you provide to us in accordance with the DPA and GDPR.
7. The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information to notify you about any changes to our website, such as company updates, press releases or site improvements.
8. We may disclose your information to regulatory bodies to enable us to comply with the law and to assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
9. If you do not want us to use your data for our [or third parties’] use, you have the opportunity to withhold your consent by sending a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors.
Controlling the use of your data
11. If you have given us consent to use your data for a particular purpose you can revoke or vary that consent at any time. If you do not want us to use your data or want to vary the consent that you have provided you can send a request to do so via email to email@example.com.
Where we store and transfer your data
12. As part of the services offered to you, for example through our website, the information you provide to us may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) as we use remote website server hosts to provide the website and some aspects of our service, which may be based outside of the EEA, or use servers based outside of the EEA - this is generally the nature of data stored in “the Cloud”. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for one of our suppliers, e.g. our website server host, or work for us when temporarily outside of the EEA.
14. We do not use or disclose sensitive personal data, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
16. Otherwise, we will process, disclose or share your personal data only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or legal process served on us or the website.
17. You have the right to opt out of our processing your personal data for marketing purposes by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
18. The transmission of information via the Internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data while you are transmitting it to our site; any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access and the loss, misuse or alteration of the information received.
19. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should choose a password it is not easy for someone to guess.
Third party links
20. You might find links to third party websites on our website. These websites are not under the control of Cambridge Mechatronics Ltd and should have their own privacy policies, which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever.
22. You can choose to manage the cookies we use on this website through your browser settings at any time. For more information about how to do this, and about cookies in general, you can visit https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/
Names of cookies used: _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz, _ga, _gat, _gid
This cookie is used to identify whether latest news items have been read by the visitor.
Names of cookies used: cml_newsItems
23. The DPA and GDPR give you the right to access information held about you by us. Please write to us if you wish to request confirmation of what personal information we hold relating to you. Please send your request to email@example.com. There is no charge for requesting that we provide you with details of the personal data that we hold. We will endeavour to provide this information within one month of your requesting the data.
24. You have the right to change the permissions that you have given us in relation to how we may use your date. You also have the right to request that we cease using your data or that we delete all personal data records that we hold relating to you. You can exercise these rights at any time by emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this policy
25. We may update these policies to reflect changes to the website and customer feedback. Please regularly review these policies to be informed of how we are protecting your personal data.
Version 1: 19th April 2018