Senior Mechanical Engineer
We are looking for a dynamic and ambitious senior mechanical engineer to join our growing team of world-class technologists who will make their mark on our technology. This new position has arisen out of this exciting phase of introducing this ground breaking technology into new product areas.
We are looking for someone who is passionate, interested and interesting. You will need to be able to play a significant role a highly skilled team, prioritising activities, balancing long and short term objectives and finding efficient ways to solve problems. The role involves travel to Asia and America a few times a year to support the manufacturing of our actuator technology and the integration of this technology into mobile phone cameras.
- Creation of new product concepts to maintain CML’s technical lead in miniature actuator technology
- Development of detailed designs which deliver the concept in a manufacturable product
- Work with CML’s control and electronics engineers to ensure the product design is fully compatible with CML’s technology
- Responsibility for identifying and resolving issues with the product through prototype build and test cycles
- Collaboration with CML's manufacturing partners in Asia and America
- Lead projects and mentor junior members of the team
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- A 1st or 2.1 class from a top university in mechanical engineering or related discipline
- Solid understanding of mechanical fundamentals including mechanism design, structural and dynamics analysis
- Experience of 3D CAD, preferably SolidWorks.
- Experience of communicating, showing initiative, making decisions and arguing your point as a member of a team of highly skilled engineers.
- Ability to prioritise activities, balancing long and short term objectives and finding efficient ways to solve problems.
- At least 5 years’ experience in an engineering environment or a postgraduate post is desirable
- Good customer facing skills
We have roles that you can help define and mould to your skills and ambitions within a multi-disciplinary team. We are happy to accommodate individuals with different skill sets and you will have the opportunity to make an important contribution to a dynamic and fast growing company with a global reach. Your salary package will be very competitive and dependent upon relevant academic and industrial experience.
Please send your CV and covering letter to our Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org.