Control and Test Engineer
We are looking for a dynamic and ambitious engineer or physicist to join our growing team of world-class technologists who will make their mark on our technology. This new position has arisen out of this exciting phase of introducing this ground breaking technology into new product areas.
We are looking for someone who is hands on, passionate, interested and interesting. You will need to be able to play a significant role a highly skilled team, prioritising activities, balancing long and short term objectives and finding efficient ways to solve problems. The role may involve travel, typically to Asia to support the implementation of the control and test processes developed in Cambridge.
- Work within the team of mechanical, control, electronics, firmware and software engineers and physicists at CML to build on the proprietary SMA control algorithms that CML has developed to meet the needs of the market.
- Develop and improve the test equipment and procedures to confirm the performance of the mechanics, electronics and control.
- Interface with CML’s partners and customers to understand their requirements and to deliver the assistance that they need to use our product.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- A 1st or 2.1 class from a top university in Engineering/Physical Science
- A PhD or experience in industry developing technology
- Strong skills in experimental design
- Experience of communicating, showing initiative, making decisions and arguing your point as a member of a team of highly skilled engineers
- Ability to prioritise activities, balancing long and short term objectives and finding efficient ways to solve problems
- A working understanding of mechanics
- Ideally proficient software skills, in MATLAB and/or Python
- Ideally experience of developing test equipment
- Ideally experience of developing robust control systems for controlling actuators.
- Ideally experience of working with microprocessors
- Ideally experience of transferring new technology into high volume mass production
We have roles that you can help define and mould to your skills and ambitions within a multi-disciplinary team. We are happy to accommodate individuals with different skill sets and you will have the opportunity to make an important contribution to a dynamic and fast growing company with a global reach. Your salary package will be very competitive and dependent upon relevant academic and industrial experience.
Please send your CV and covering letter to our Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org